Each season in Aspen always brings a new crop of hopeful new Aspen area restaurants.
Please click restaurant names for more info
Contact us to add a listing
- The Little Nell opens the new aprés ski bar Chair 9 on Nov. 28
- Highlands Alehouse will be open at the base of Aspen Highlands Mountain.
- Restaurant Zeno Aspen will open at the base of Aspen Mountain
New Restaurants in Snowmass Winter 2013/14
New Restaurants in Aspen Spring/Summer 2013
- Trecento Quindici Decano at the St. Regis will serve up family friendly Italian cuisine
- Spring Cafe serves wholesome organic vegetarian breakfast & lunch
- Square Grouper casts a net out to seafood lovers
- The White House Tavern takes shape in the historic 1883 house on the corner of restaurant row
- Upper Crust Bakery expands up valley offering bagels, breakfast & lunch
- The Village Tavern gets a makeover becoming the Mountain Bayou southern seafood joint
- Sure Thing Burgers opens in Willits soon
- Starbucks also fills a mug soon in Willits
- town restaurant Mark Fischer’s newest creation opened in May
- Hattie Thompson at River Valley Ranch
New Restaurants Winter 2012/13
- Element 47 at the Little Nell Hotel creates culinary alchemy
- Prospect & The Living Room at the Hotel Jerome
- Homemade Pasta Italian Cafe serves fresh pasta to-go or dine in
- Ryno’s Pies & Pints will be serving pizzas
- The Little Soup Shop ladles gourmet soups & sandwiches (closed)
- Snowmass Kitchen at the Westin Hotel serves seasonally inspired cuisine for breakfast, lunch & dinner
- SLICE Red Barn Pizzeria serves a variety of Italian favorites in the barns loft or to your door with delivery
- Vue Lounge at the Westin serves crafted cocktails slope-side for apres ski & casual evening dining
- The Bar at Wildwood 10 taps, unique entrees, appetizers & specialty pizzas in a beer hall setting
- The Restaurant at Elk Camp replaces Cafe Suzanne at the top of the Snowmass Gondola
- Ranger Station is New Belgium Brewery’s mountain presence
- Starbucks also opens a Snowmass location at the Westin
- Mark Fischer will open a new eatery in the space formerly occupied by Hestia
- Allegria Pasta Salad & Vino by Chef Andreas Fischbacher of Cloud Nine Bistro opens soon
- Wally’s Delivery serves up late night food delivery Tue-Sun 8pm-3am (closed)
- The Meatball Shack serves gourmet crafted meat & fish dishes.
- The Chefs Club by Food & Wine at The St. Regis features seasonal menus by Best New Chefs.
New Aspen Restaurants (Winter 2011/12)
- Bangkok Happy Bowl offers authentic Thai food for lunch, dinner, & take-out
- Creperie du Village hopes to keep you up for late night eats with their sweet & savory treats
- Pie in the Sky bakes Sweet & Savory Pies for all occasions
- Annette’s Mountain Bake Shop warms up Hyman Ave. with Artisan Breads, Pasteries, & Sandwiches.
- Finbarr’s Irish Pub introduces the gastro pub to Aspen with an eye on finely crafted meals at local friendly price points & plenty of beer.
- Over Easy serves traditional American breakfast with a twist from morning to late night in addition to great lunch meals.
- The Cheese Shop is born again. (closed)
- Justice Snow’s brought life back to the Wheeler in February.
- The Popcorn Wagon reopened in March
- Above the Salt opened in March.
New Snowmass, Colorado Restaurants (Winter 2011/12)
- The Edge restaurant in the Timberline is a great new addition to the Snowmass culinary scene.
- Little Mammoth opened this fall with as a family friendly place with great seafood, steak.
- The Burger Bar & Fish opened adjacent to the Snowmass Gondola. (closed) now Bia Hoi
- The Village Tavern opens serving a simple pub menu with a growing organic conscience & family focus. (remade) now Mt. Bayou
A few more were added this past summer as well. (edits in red)
Summer 2011 New Aspen eateries
- Lulu Wilson is transformed by Craig & Samantha into Steakhouse #316, a boutique Aspen steakhouse in July 2011.
- Division Cafe plans to offer moderately priced food & drink in a casual setting. (Now The Meatball Shack)
- Victoria’s Espresso has relocated next to Ruby Park and is serving tapas and small plates, hence the Victoria’s Gourmet Grazing renaming.
- Keith of Parrallel 15 can be found in the mornings serving Aspen’s best coffee on the Hyman Ave. Mall by Escobar. (Closed) 11/01/11
- Escobar, the late night hot spot, is serving a limited menu & cocktails on the Hyman Ave. Pedestrian Mall through out the day. (not in winter)
- Finbarr’s Irish Pub will be pulling pints and frying fish in the old Club Chelsea/Mustang space on Hyman Ave. Mall by Fall 2011 (opened fall 2011)
- Almanac will occupy the space of N9NE Steakhouse with Barclay Dodge in the kitchen in July 2011 (Never Opened)
- Aspen Brewing Co. is just about open at their AABC brewing location. Stop in for tours, growlers, kegs, & 6 packs.
New Aspen restaurants (Winter of 2010/11)
The Aspen Brewery Company is expanding their production out to the AABC while also bringing a tap room into the heart of town. The new Aspen Brewery Tap Room will occupy the upstairs space of the former Social restaurant and should be set and pouring by Thanksgiving. The Tap Room on Hopkins Avenue, will not only make it easier to pick up a growler of locally brewed beer but also make a great new hang out space. Without a kitchen the brewery welcomes you to BYOL (Bring your own lunch) from any of the great restaurants in Aspen. Serving the freshest, best priced, locally brewed pints in town it’s always happy hour at the brewery.
Oy Vey Cafe, a New York style breakfast and lunch deli will be opening at 6:30am and serving throughout the day. Located right below the Tap Room at street level it makes the 1st option for BYOL. This new Aspen deli maybe what Aspenites have been waiting. They will specialize in Jewish deli items serving custom prepared roast beef, turkey, and more. Oy Vey Cafe will open December 1, 2010 /
*Out of Business Spring 2011 Now Aspen Over Easy
Franck Thirion French Pastry & Cafe which has garnered plenty of loyal customers out at the AABC, will bring a second location into the heart of town which also will be on Hopkins Ave. right across from the Tap Room. They will offer fine French pastries, croissants, cakes, and specialty coffees making another great coffee house in Aspen. The new Thirion Cafe will open in early December 2010.
Casa Tua, the popular Miami establishment aims to create the feel of a chalet in the Italian Alps. Opening in the former Ruth Chris’s space the downstairs restaurant will offer fine Italian fare with French and Swiss influences, while the upstairs club will offer an Italian oasis for members only.
BB’s Kitchen will offer moderately priced American bistro comfort food. Located on Cooper Ave. across from Bad Billy’s they will serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. The space on the top floor is currently in the heart of the renovations, but it’s still easy to picture what it will become. Most impressive is the large patio with Aspen Mountain views that will seat 50. The lounge, off the front of the dining room, will be a cozy apres ski spot with fire place and great window views toward Red Mountain.
Nutrition, Randy Placeres’s gourmet salad eatery may be moving from the AABC into the Aspen Club & Spa.
The Palace will open in the former home of the Crystal Palace Dinner Theater. A sister restaurant to the Mustang, the Palace restaurant will tune in to live music and the apres ski scene.
*Both the Palace & the Mustang are out of Business Spring 2011
The Pyramid Bistro is opening in the Explore Booksellers upstairs. The iconic bistro has gone through a few changes lately and we are excited to see what Martin Oswald, former Chef of Syzygy & Ute City will bring to the table in the form of Vegetarian & Organic offerings.
The Honey Bee Juice Bar has set up shop in the Ute City Bank building where the Dark Horse Alley coffee cart was.
Ink! Coffee is now serving sandwiches.
Out of Bounds is the name of the new restaurant and bar at the base of Aspen Highlands Ski Area. Although it is found nearly in bounds next to the Exhibition lift we think the name may speak of the new mentality in pushing this prime location into the restaurant and bar it should be. We applaud the decision to open up the space by cutting the bar, literally in half, good feng shui goes along way. Adding to the smooth flow of operations, food service will quicken with orders taken at the counter and then delivered to tables.
Venga Venga Cantina & Tequila Bar by Richard Sandoval, who launched a revolution in America by reinterpreting Mexican cuisine in a contemporary, yet authentic way, will open in this Modern Mexican restaurant in the former Cirque Cafe space at the end of the Snowmass Mall.
Garnish & Chef Clark Church will be moving from the Aspen Club to the former home of Butch’s Lobster Bar (Closed) Fall 2011
New Aspen restaurants
Junk, after it’s share of controversy and shuffling, has settled on the corner of Hyman Avenue and Mill Street, in the old D19 space across from the Wheeler Opera House. They’ve integrated the popcorn wagon corner into the restaurant proper by opening up the side of the building, making the popcorn wagons fire pit just steps away from the bar. With a steady stream of music pumping out of the whimsically themed restaurant it is easy to see that this will be as much of a party spot as it is an eatery. Out of Business Fall 2011 Now Above the Salt
Cp Burger has brought life to the Silver Leaf Ice Skating Rink in front of the Hyatt. They offer a range of burgers on their menu as well as hot dogs, green chili, and spiked milkshakes. Counter service makes for faster service and the outdoor seating along the ice rink will make for a chill spot on a sunny day. As a sister restaurant to Brexi, Lulu Wilson, & Wild Fig look for some familiar borrowed culinary inspirations.
The Pitkin County Steak House and Tavern serves dry aged steaks & seafood, complimented with a salad bar in the larger dining room. This full menu is also available on the tavern side which serves as a comfortable pub serving over 10 draft beers, sports television, and the good ole shuffleboard. Also located on Hopkins the tavern is found below Rustique in the former home of the Double Dog/Steak Pit.
Out of Business Sep. 2011
The Silver Queen restaurant is serving modern American cuisine by Jamie Flatt former chef of Willow Creek at the Ritz at Highlands. Found upstairs on Hyman Avenue in the former Syzygy space. The name and the decor is meant to tap into the nostalgia of this mining camp in the Victorian age.
Out of Business Spring 2012
Fat Belly Burgers of Carbondale has opened a sister restaurant in Basalt, Fat Belly Eats offers a full menu, full bar, and plenty of beers to chose from. Find them in the former home of Bistro Basalt. Out of Business Spring 2011 (Now Brick Pony Pub)
Roaring Fork Bakery offers fresh bread, goodies, and killer soups across from Quizno’s.
The Double Dog Pub reopened this December in Glenwood Springs.
Did we miss something? Contact us!